Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Winter Update

Well hello there! So, the winter is coming to an end here (I hope!). The weather is warmer and the sun is out longer...promising signs of spring I'd say.
What have I been up to? A whole lot of adventures, some big and some small.
First, my roommates and I took in the Olympic Torch ceremony as it came through town. That was pretty awesome, people were everyone and there was tonnes of energy! Even though we could barely see the torch it was still fun to be there. There is a picture below of the bit of the torch we could see...see if you can find it!
Then, my roommate Natashia and I met a new friend who lives near our church. She needed some help cleaning out her basement, so we went over to help. Well! What treasures! The rainsuits, pictured below, are just one treasure. We also came home with a quilt for Natashia's bed, a picnic basket, and a portable phone from the late 80s or early 90s...great fun. Unfortunately the phone didn't work anymore so we had to throw it away.
Third, I went home for a friend's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and I was so glad to have made it, despite crazy airplane delays and cancellations in both directions. I think next time I go home I'll hire a private jet or take the train...unfortunately both cost a small fortune.
I also tried my hand at curling as a fundraiser for work. It was awesome! However, I don't think I'll take it up professionally or anything.
Then, my sister came out for a visit over her March break and we had a blast touring around and spending some time just hanging out at the house. We also took part in a fundraiser at the church for a missions trip by purchasing, along with several other friends, a very large garbage bag full of yarn!!
And, most recently, I took a quick trip to the Yukon to visit a friend from highschool. It was incredible and I can't wait to get back there. I got to go dog sledding, to the hotsprings, move a dog team to a new home, and see some wildlife both in the wild and in a wildlife preserve. Very fun! There are some pictures below of the Great Northern Adventure of 2010.
Now I'm just sitting around enjoying March break!
Hope all is well with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment