Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weddings, tennis, food, fireworks, visitors!

In an attempt to post more regularly, here I am back again, ready to update you on what's been going on. So, here we go:

1) Went to my brother's wedding in the middle of June. It was a beautiful affair, full of friends, family, delicious food, and beautiful pillows (see below for the wedding gift I gave to the lovely couple).

2) Spent a very short but very fun time at home with my family. I played tennis with my youngest brother, nearly beating him (I won 1 game, he won 6...).

3) Went to a new restaurant with my sister and good friend/roommate - a Nepalese restaurant with yummy yummy food (well, maybe my sister didn't think it was all so yummy). But, I very much enjoyed it and am looking forward to going back soon!

4) Celebrated Canada Day weekend by going to a bbq at a friend's house, watching the fireworks, and sitting in the mountains.

5) Perhaps most exciting recent news is that my parents were just here for a week long visit! Yep, they drove Jenn's car out here, spent the week, and then sadly flew home today. We had the bestest time biking on the paths, visiting work (Dad had never been there), mountain biking (in the real moutains on real mountain bikes), stampeding it up, watching me play lacrosse (hmm, maybe not so exciting...), and floating down the river. Also, my uncle came for a visit and we took him to see the brand new 'space toilets' (that's just what I call them). These toilets are incredible! They are public toilets downtown that look like elevators or space/time machines, and they are completely automatic and self-cleaning. When you press the button to open the door, a voice speaks to you and tells you that you have 10 minutes. Then, elevator music starts playing, and the voice gives you instructions such as "press the button on the wall for a clean toilet seat" and then a toilet seat comes out of the wall; you push a button for toilet paper to come out of the wall; when you wash your hands the toilet flushes. It's really amazing! I wish everyone could experience the brilliance of these space toilets!

Ok, I think that's about it. Not much else to report from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment